Southern Ghost Society Terms and Conditions
- By joining the Southern Ghost Society, you agree to
abide by the terms and conditions as detailed below.
- Southern Ghost Society name can be abbreviated to SGS
and reference to SGS means The Southern Ghost Society.
- The Southern Ghost Society is a non profit making organisation
and reserves the right to pass on to it's members the full costs of arranging
and staging events. These costs will be published to members only upon
registration and by event as and when arranged.
- Anyone attending a Southern Ghost Society investigation
must be aged over 16 at the time of the event. SGS reserve the right to
refuse admission to the event anyone they feel any guest is under this
- Southern Ghost Society enforces a strict policy on alcohol.
If anyone is found to be under the influence of alcohol or drug at any
time immediately before or during an event will be asked to leave immediately.
If the investigation venue has a bar where drinks are available to be purchased
before or during the event, you are requested to drink in moderation and
not to exceed the legal limit for driving. Southern Ghost Society will
not be held liable for any accidents or injuries arising as a result of
being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Southern Ghost Society does not accept liability for
damage or loss of personal items. By taking part you agree to indemnify
us (SGS) and the location against any loss, damage or theft to your personal
possessions whilst taking part in any event.
- Southern Ghost Society owns an extensive range of specialist
investigation equipment for use by its members during paranormal events.
As this equipment can be very expensive, SGS asks that you treat it with
care and that you do not abuse it, otherwise, we will render you liable
for any loss or damage incurred.
- Being, a member of The Southern Ghost Society you agree
to conduct yourself in an appropriate manner at all times. We
ask our members to be courteous, mindful of others at the location and
to respect people's property. If any instructions are unclear, please
ensure that you ask for clarity from a Team Leader of the Southern Ghost
- Paranormal events can be frightening on occasions and
can be quite tense. Southern Ghost Society therefore, we suggest that
if anyone is of a nervous disposition, or may be pregnant, must take this
into consideration before attending an event. SGS will not be held responsible
for any distress, harm or injury caused as a result of any unexplained
activity or fright. You attend at your own risk
- Southern Ghost Society will take all efforts to ensure
that our events are arranged and managed with high regard to the safety
and security of our members and guests. The SGS will not be held responsible
for any harm or injury whilst attending an organised event.
- If you have any special needs, on medical grounds, please
discuss them with the SGS team prior to buying any ticket(s) to ensure
that your needs can be accommodated. We will do our best to achieve this.
- Ticket prices do not include travel or accommodation.
Food and/or drink may be included in the ticket price. Please check individual
event information for details. If nothing is mentioned assume that no refreshments
will be provided.
- Any ticket paid for in-full is non-refundable unless
the event is cancelled or rearranged by Southern Ghost Society. At SGS
discretion, the ticket may be transferred as full or part-payment for an
alternative Southern Ghost Society event.
- In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled / called
off once the event has commenced then the event shall be considered as being
held. Southern Ghost Society maintains it's rights as to consider if any
part / proportional refund is due.
- Where a deposit has been paid, the remaining balance
must be paid in full 28 days before the event date. If the full
payment is not received by that date, your ticket will be cancelled, the
deposit will not be refunded and the ticket will be made available for
resale by The Southern Ghost Society.
- Smoking indoors at any of locations is strictly forbidden.
Where possible designated outdoor smoking areas at the venue will be identified
by the SGS team leaders on the night of the event. Any member breaching
this rule will be asked to leave the location.
- Members details obtained during the registration process
will be kept private and for the sole use of the Southern Ghost Society
to manage and operate their web site and events. Personal information will
not be given to third parties including members.
- The Southern Ghost Society enables their members to cancel
membership of the Society without reason or notice. A member can cancel
membership from SGS by accessing the remove me page within the members
- Southern Ghost Society will not be responsible if paranormal experience does not occur on any planned event. SGS will not refund ticket prices or expenses if the paranormal is not experienced on the event. Unfortunately experiencing the paranormal cannot be guaranteed.
- If any member or guest is discovered faking a paranormal experiment or paranormal experience, either as a joke or intentionally, we will immediately terminate your membership to the society.